Sunday, January 4, 2015

Review: Soompeat Foodblogger


Cajun Claws (Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta) 


How's your Christmas guys? I bet each of you had your own personal Christmas celebration. As for me, I spent my Christmas with my family and I am so happy with that. As you may know, most restaurants also celebrate Christmas by creating new Christmas menu or decorating their restaurants with Christmas decoration. Well, Christmas just bring happiness for everyone, right?

The one that I'm going to talk is one of restaurants that specialized in serving guilty pleasure again! (read: crab) Please welcome Cajun Claws, a seafood restaurant located in North Jakarta, specifically at Pantai Indah Kapuk. They aim to bring the real flavors of Lousiana, USA to diners in Jakarta. It has not been long since they opened their restaurant to public, but I could say that they are going to be strong competitor for other seafood restaurants nearby. (you will find out about it later!)


The restaurant itself is quite big and spacious, I reckon they can accommodate up to 100 people. The interior is mostly dominated with dark color such as black and dark brown and somehow gives off elegant feeling. I personally love the idea of putting freshwater parrot fishes inside the aquarium because I found they were super cute because they keep following my hand in a group. Another thing is, because it is a seafood restaurant, so get ready to eat with your hand, because sometimes the messier is better, right?

Before we get started with their food, let's take a look at the fresh one before it is being cooked!

Lobster
Crab
Lobster

Now, let's get started with the cooked one!

Cajun Fries (IDR 25k)
Cajun Fries

Cajun Fries is literally french fries seasoned with cajun seasoning and served along with tartar sauce. It tasted heavenly delicious, the french fries had perfect level of crispness and it had strong cheese flavor. The cajun seasoning was also superb, it was strong enough but it went really well with the fries. Dip the fries into the tartar sauce and you will get superb heavenly delicious fries. I've got to say that this is the best french fries that I've ever tasted!

Cajun Fries

Fried Shrimp (IDR 48k)
Fried Shrimp

Another starter has arrived at my table, this one is Fried Shrimp served along with their homemade thousand island sauce. The shrimp was perfectly battered and it was crispy enough. The homemade thousand island sauce was super delicious and it did a great job in accompanying the crispy and delicious fried shrimp!

Fried Shrimp

Buffalo Wings (IDR 32k)
Buffalo Wings

The Buffalo Wings made a great starter as well, the meat was tender, flavorful and juicy. The coating of the buffalo wings was also nice, it had a balanced level of sweetness, sourness and saltiness. Eat this with your hand and be prepared to get messy!

Seafood Gumbo (IDR 69k)
Seafood Gumbo

Gumbo is a dish that is originated from Louisiana which consists of strongly flavored gravy and various seafood. The Seafood Gumbo they served here consists of crab, prawns and super thick gravy. It is my first time trying Gumbo and I have to say that this one tasted pretty delicious although I predict it would be better if the gravy had stronger flavor.

Seafood Gumbo

Jambalaya (IDR 58k)
Jambalaya

Jambalaya is another dish originated from Louisiana which is a mash-up of rice, chicken, sausage and shrimp with cajun seasoning. The appearance is kinda similar like Indonesian fried rice (nasi goreng) but the taste was really different. This one had super strong flavor from the seasoning and I found it tasted pretty decent, my Indonesian tastebud still prefer nasi goreng though! (lol!)

Jambalaya

Crawfish (IDR 40k/100 grams)
Crawfish

The Crawfish was drenched with Lemon Pepper sauce and it tasted super delicious. The crawfish was like the mini version of lobster and the meat was soft, tender and flavorful. I also love the fact that this one did not have a strong fishy smell!

Crawfish

Shrimp (IDR 29k/100 grams)
Shrimp

The Shrimp was also drenched with Lemon Pepper sauce and those shrimps were surely big in matter of size. As for the meat, it tasted pretty ordinary like usual shrimp, but the lemon pepper sauce did a great job in elevating the taste of the shrimps!

King Crab Legs (Seasonal Price)
King Crabs Legs

The size of this King Crabs is no joke, you can imagine how big it is just by looking at the huge legs. (I couldn't imagine how will I react if I met the living one) The King Crabs was imported directly from Alaska, so please be informed that this one is going to be expensive. The King Crabs was sold in three different parts, the first one is their legs, second is their claws and the third one is their section. As for the taste, it tasted superb delicious, the meat itself is already sweet, tender, and soft.

Mud Crab (IDR 42k/100 grams)
Mud Crab

The Mud Crab was drenched with The Works sauce which you can customize the level of spiciness of the sauce. (they have mild, medium and extra spicy for the spiciness level) The crab meat was soft, flavorful and I personally fell in love with the sauce, it was spicy and delicious!

Mud Crab

Overall, I really enjoyed my visit to Cajun Claws, I have fulfilled my craving for great food because their food are superb delicious, the service was great and the place was cool. As I said earlier, I believe with all of these advantages, they will be strong competitor for other seafood restaurants nearby. They just have to maintain their quality and I believe they will success in attracting many customers!

Thanks Tommy for having me and I wish best of luck for Cajun Claws!

Cajun Claws
Ruko Cordoba, Blok G No. 1, Bukit Golf Mediterania, Jl. Marina Indah Raya, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta
(021) 5698 3533

Opening Hours:
Mon - Thu : 17.00 - 22.00
Fri - Sun : 12.00 - 15.00; 17.00 - 22.00

source:
http://soompeat.blogspot.com/2014/12/cajun-claws-pantai-indah-kapuk-jakarta.html#more

No comments:

Post a Comment